Last year we had fun putting together a list of songs to play while you read Door to Door – purely for fun! That list is what I heard in my head when I was writing and editing Door to Door.
And now, it’s time for a Through the Door soundtrack! Yay!
These were the songs my husband and I listened to while I was writing and finishing Through the Door. There are definitely some more intense choices this time around – I think you’ll agree! 😀
The Soundtrack to Through the Door
Here’s the list: I thought it might be fun for you to play these songs while you read – just to get a flavor of what I heard in my head. 🙂 If you have an Alexa, or stream / download music on a device, here’s the Through the Door soundtrack:
- Enjoy the Silence – by Coralie Clement (Remake and bonus track on her La belle Affaire album) – Play during towards the end of Chapter 5 when Jack is asking Emily about Lydia’s whereabouts and Emily’s being a bit evasive.
- One of These Days (just the beginning, about the first three minutes and 10 seconds of the song) – by Pink Floyd – Play in Chapter 6 when Emily begins to look for a door on a train.
- Once Again – by Hang Massive – Play during the bonfire scene in Chapter 8.
- Cochise – by Audioslave – Play in Chapter 9 when the Jeep driver says: “That’s the least of our worries,” she informed us. Her eyes were riveted to the rearview mirror. “Someone is starting to ride on our tails, hard.”
- One of These Days (just the end, start at three minutes and forty-two seconds into the song) – by Pink Floyd – Play in Chapter 9 when motocross bikes appear.
- Carnival – by Natalie Merchant – Play in Chapter 10 when Emily is swept up into an impromptu parade that spills out into an art festival in a park.
- Host of the Seraphim – by Dead Can Dance – Play during the scene in the park when Emily meets Nisha, when Emily thinks to herself: “But I had the very distinct feeling I was being watched.”
- Chances Are – by Vonda Shepard and Robert Downey, Jr. – Play in Chapter 12 when Jack and Emily are on the balcony. (Note, this is NOT the “Chances Are” song by Johnny Mathis!)
- Pink Moon – by Nick Drake – Play during Chapter 15 when Emily and Lucie are planting something in her kitchen garden at night.
- I Love the Mountains – instrumental played by Victoria Hall – Play in Chapter 19 when Emily hears singing.
- Black Hole Sun – by Soundgarden – Play in Chapter 20 when Sebastian introduces himself to Emily.
- Enter Sandman (just the beginning, about the first minute and 10 seconds of the song) – by Metallica – Play in Chapter 21 when the man says to Sebastian: “I think someone’s here.”
- With a Little Help From My Friends – by The Beatles – Play throughout Chapter 22.
- Sweet Dreams Are Made of This – by Marilyn Manson – Play during the Epilogue.
Thanks to my husband for again helping me compile this list of “play when you read” songs for Through the Door! We always have fun doing this. 🙂
What about you?
What do YOU hear? Tell me the song and chapter, but don’t reveal too many details that might fall under “spoiler alert!” Another reader might not be as far along in the book as you are!