Hi everyone! Just a quick note to let you know that the updated eBook version of Door to Door is now available on Amazon!
This update is optional and corrects a couple of minor errors that were missed in the final proofing. (Example, changing “slide” to “slid” – from: “As my fingers slide forward and my palm pressed…” to: “As my fingers slid forward and my palm pressed…”)
Sometimes little items like that slip through! So, if you are interested in having the corrected copy, here are some screenshots and instructions to guide you. Your experience on your own Kindle or eReader might be a little different, however. Still, once you log into http://www.amazon.com/mycd your experience should be similar!
Additional tips from Amazon Help when I reached out to them for assistance:
If you are trying to download the updated version of your book, before you download it you’ll want to charge your device and enable your wireless connection. You will lose any annotations, highlights, and bookmarks when updating your book.
The updated version of your book will then replace the earlier version. Follow the same steps for your Kindle applications.
To get the updated content of your book to your device, first you need to enable automatic updates:
1. Access “My content and devices” and sign in with your Amazon credentials: www.amazon.com/mycd
2. Select the “Preferences” tab.
3. Click “On” under Automatic Book Updates.
Please note that customers who download eBooks through Kindle Unlimited will receive the updated content as long as they haven’t returned the Kindle Unlimited borrow before the content update is initiated.
If you purchased your book or did not return your book through Kindle Unlimited, then, verify that your device is sufficiently charged and your internet connection is enabled. Finally, confirm these steps:
For Fire tablets:
1. Tap (or Open) the Quick Settings. Depending on the model, you will also need to tap the Settings gear icon.
2. Tap Sync (Check for items, if required).
1. Select Quick Actions (gear) icon or Menu.
2. Select Sync My Kindle or Sync and Check for Items.
For any Kindle E-Reader Model 6th generation and newer:
1. From Home, tap the Quick Actions menu (cog icon).
2. Tap Sync My Kindle.
Hopefully the above will assist you!
Thank you SO MUCH for buying and reading Door to Door!