Rabbit is introduced in the first book in the series, Door to Door, and plays a strong role in the second book in the series, Through the Door. It’s in book two that the reader is introduced to a darker side of Rabbit. Rabbit returns in Doors Wide Open in a critical role, bringing the Rabbit Network into a lot of the action.
Rabbit becomes a loyal friend of Emily Swift in book one.
(Rabbit also appears in the Bellerose Witchline Series in a significant role.)
Rabbit is fair-skinned, with black, wavy hair and dark brown eyes.
Emily describes Rabbit upon meeting him:
He was dressed in a short black leather jacket, with layers of flannel shirts poking out from the bottom. He wore fitted black jeans tucked into heavy work boots. A chain ran from his belt to a wallet. His grey knit cap pushed out a few dark curls across his forehead and over his ears. He looked to be somewhere in his early twenties.
…He grinned and I noted what a friendly smile he had. His whole face got in on the action… …I noticed he wasn’t wearing gloves and his hands looked like they saw some labor. Working man…
Rabbit is a vegetarian.
From the Author’s Character Profile (edited to avoid spoilers)
- First Name: Rabbit
- Last Name: None
- Gender: Male
- Year of Birth: Unknown
- Age in Door to Door Series: Unknown. Rabbits age incredibly slowly. Looks like in early 20s, probably in mid-50s.
- Character Theme Song for D2D Series:
- Door to Door: Skånegatan, by Hang Massive
- Through the Door: Portions of –
- One of These Days (just the end, start at three minutes and forty-two seconds into the song), by Pink Floyd,
- and Enter Sandman (just the beginning, about the first minute and 10 seconds of the song), by Metallica
- Doors Wide Open: Nothing too specific, but perhaps: Seven Nation Army, by The White Stripes
- Being Type: Rabbit, Human
- Childhood: Rabbit community: loving, always working, always hungry.
- Hair Color: Black
- Hair Length, Style: Longish, curly, unruly (kind of sexy).
- Facial Hair: Off and on: sometimes 5 o’clock shadow.
- Eyes: Like all Rabbits, dark brown and turn solid black (whites and irises) when: angry, hyperaware, vulnerable, excited or aroused, or in attack mode. Can see in the dark.
- Height: 5’9″
- Weight: 175
- Body Type: Strong, nice, biceps and triceps, large hands, solid chest. Nose has been broken a couple of times. Fair-skinned like all Rabbits. “Cute.”
- Tattoo: Yes, hidden.
- Scar: Many scars on his body – none on face.
- Occupation: Rabbit network, tech jobs involving the network, odd jobs (repairs things).
- Hobby: Playing pool, chess, playing guitar, listening to music / going to concerts.
- Relationship Status: Currently single, has a few ladies he can “spend time with” but rarely does.
- Love Interest: There IS someone he’s trying not to fall for, but it’s a secret.
- Significant Friends: Other Rabbits, Emily, Anne, Tara, Lucie, Templeton (they have a history), and Big Rabbit.
- Childhood Home: Nomadic, unstable (poor), but loving parents.
- Home (Where): Nomadic, prefers cities.
- Vehicle: On foot, but can quickly get access to transportation via network.
- Fav Food: Vegetarian. Tuesday’s lunch puffs. Likes cheese.
- Least Fav Food: Beans and rice – ate a lot of it growing up and hates it.
- Loves the Smell Of: Campfires, creosote, boiled coffee, snow / cold nights, “girls’ hair” / their shampoo.
- Fav Alcohol: Ideally: the “good stuff” in the bar in Templeton’s study.
- Country or City? City
- Fav Animal: Dogs
- Fav Season: Any
- Fav Color: Black
- Fav Holiday: Anything focusing on a lot of food and family.
- Fav Band or Artist: Rhino Vomit
- Fav Song: Skewered, by Rhino Vomit
- Plays Instrument: Guitar. Doesn’t own one, but if there’s one nearby, he’s strumming it.
- Mountains or Beach: Mountains
- Like to Cook? Yes
- Eat in or Eat out? Eat in.
- Early Bird or Night Owl? Both
- Personality: Gregarious, kind, loving, loyal, trustworthy.
- Temperament: Likes to smile. Often has a “sparkle in his eye.” Friendly, but has righteous anger and can become frighteningly violent.
- Talent: Well-connected, technologically-savvy, knows how to fix things.
- Answers To: Rabbit network, other Rabbits.
- Member Of: The Rabbits Network
- Magical Power(s) / Special Powers? Ages incredibly slowly (like all Rabbits).
- Secret(s): His actual age + spoiler.
- Guilty Pleasure: Sometimes keeps an extra sweet for himself when Tuesday gives him “to-go sacks for the Rabbits.” (Never had enough food in childhood.)
- Vices: Occasional cigarette, but not a smoker. Not afraid to “get a good drunk on.”
- Fears: Not being able to protect the women in his life. Failing to be there for Templeton. Losing friends. Fear of losing the Tortoise.
- Regrets: Not killing Sebastian when he had the chance.
- Bad Habit: Smoking (occasional) and drinking. Can be overly bossy.
- Quirk: Runs hands through hair a lot.
- OCD Scale (1 – 10): 2
- Political Affiliation: None
- Pet Peeves: People who lie. People who don’t show up or are not where they’re supposed to be at the time they are supposed to be there. People who don’t learn their lessons.
- Principles: Honesty, loyalty, hard-working. Inclusive.
- Enemy: To some extent, the Empire. Salesman classists. The Fringe. To some extent, other magical beings like witches. Sebastian (for purpose of story). Nisha.
- Problems: Keeping Emily and Lucie safe. Keeping the network safe from the Fringe and the Empire leadership. Sebastian. Old problem: Nisha.
See also Rabbits and the Rabbit Network
Return to the main Door to Door Paranormal Mystery Series Wiki Page.
Return to the main Bellerose Witchline Series Wiki Page.